12th National Juried Members Exhibition
Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery
12th National Juried Members Exhibition: November 7 – 29, 2020
The PAPNM 12th National Juried Members Exhibition is a juried show and sale of original two-dimensional en plein air artworks presented by the Plein Air Painters of New Mexico (PAPNM) and hosted by Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery, 119-A Kit Carson Road, Taos, New Mexico http://www.wnightingale.com/ from Saturday, November 7th through Saturday, November 29th, 2020.
The public and collectors are invited to attend the opening reception and view the exhibition at Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery, 119-A Kit Carson Road, Taos New Mexico. The opening reception is November 7th from 5:00-7:30 pm.
PAPNM is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization of artists dedicated to preserving and promoting painting "en plein air" - in the open air or outdoors.
- This call is for all current PAPNM members working in two-dimensional mediums limited to: oil media (traditional and water-mixable), wet media (acrylic, watercolor, and gouache), and dry media (pastel).
- PAPNM members of the following levels are eligible for this event: artist members, signature members, master signature members.
- PAPNM Master Signature Members will receive a separate email invitation from the exhibition committee and need not apply through CallForEntry (CaFÉ™) nor pay entry fees.
- PAPNM Membership for 2020 must be current with dues paid in full before submitting to the call for entry for the exhibition. To join, click Join Us. Follow the instructions for member application or renewal and payment.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEES
- Each artist may submit up to 4 images. The first image is $35, each additional image is $10 (non-refundable) paid via CaFÉ™ www.callforentry.org.
- A maximum of 2 artworks may be selected for exhibition from each artist.
- Minimum price for artworks is $400.
- If artists are having trouble with CaFÉ™ process, go to the help menu on CaFÉ™ www.callforentry.org for assistance. Artists should check their CaFÉ™ accounts be-fore 09/19/2020 to verify application status. Upon completion of jury selection, artists will receive notification of acceptance or decline by email.
- Jury result notification will be emailed on 10/12/2020. Along with the jury notifica-tions, accepted artists will receive information about delivering their art to the gallery.
- While PAPNM master signature members are welcome to participate, they will not be eligible for awards.
- All work must be at least 80% completed en plein air during the last two years. Works painted prior to 09/01/2018, will be withdrawn from jury consideration and shall not be replaced with another entry.
- Works must not violate copyright laws. All work must be original concept and painted solely by the entering artist.
- Works shown in any previous PAPNM juried member exhibition are not eligible for entry.
- Works previously showcased in PAPNM on-line contests are eligible for entry.
- Works done under the guidance of an instructor are not eligible for entry.
$15,000 in cash and merchandise prizes
- Jul 6 Show entry starts
- Aug 7 Show entry closes
- Aug 24 Entry Jury compete
- Aug 28 Notification of Jury selection
- Oct 27 Start Delivery of shipped artworks via UPS or FedEx
- Oct 31 End receipt of shipped art works to the gallery
- Nov 2 Hand delivery of artwork(s)
- Nov 6 Judging by Judge of Awards
- Nov 7 Opening Reception 5-7:30 PM, Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery, 119-A Kit Carson Road, Taos, New Mex-ico
- Nov 8 PAPNM Celebration Dinner
- Nov 7-8 Lorenzo Chavez Workshop
- Nov 29 Exhibition Ends
- Nov 30 Exhibition taken down
- Dec 1 Retrieve unsold work
- Dec 29 Checks sent to artists
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants must register online CaFÉ™, http://www.callforentry.org
- FEE: $35 for first image each additional image $10
IMAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Artwork entered on CaFÉ™ www.callforentry.org must be within size specifications.
- Maximum size per piece is 320 square inches unframed (16”x20”). Works larger will be withdrawn from jury consideration and shall not be replaced with another entry.
- No minimum size.
Entry Fee: $35 for 1st image each additional image $10 via CaFÉ™ www.callforentry.org.
- The artist’s accepted painting/s will be delivered to Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery by FED Ex or UPS between Oct 27-31 or hand delivered on Nov 2.
- If artists are shipping their artwork to the gallery, they must use a professional art shipping container.
- All work must be sturdily framed or gallery wrapped and ready to hang with D-rings and wire. No saw tooth hangers will be accepted.
- Opening Reception will be held on Nov 7, 2020 5-7:30 PM at the Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery. The address is 119-A Kit Carson Road, Taos, New Mexico.
- Awards will be presented at the reception
TERMS OF ARTWORK SALES
- Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery will handle all gallery sales and collect all associated payments from customers, including all applicable New Mexico gross receipts taxes (NMGRT).
- All artwork must be available sale by Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery for the entire dura-ion of the show.
- Customers will pay all packing and shipping charges, insurance costs.
- Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery will sell single artworks at full retail price. For a sale of two or more artworks to a single buyer, Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery may offer a 10% discount to the buyer.
- All possible care will be taken of the work submitted to the event. The gallery will not assume responsibility for work improperly framed. Work will be insured by the galley while at Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery.
- All work must be for sale. If work becomes unavailable for sale during the exhibition and Wilder Fine Art Gallery is unable to process the sale, the artist will be responsible for reimbursing Wilder Nightingale Fine Art Gallery 40% of the original sale price listed in your original inventory form.
- Artists receive 50% of sale price of painting within 30 days of the close of the show from PAPNM.
Lorenzo Chavez, Judge of Awards:
Agreement of Entry and Liability
Judge of Awards. Lorenzo Chavez.
- PAPNM has the right to refuse or disqualify any work that fails to meet eligibility, entry, and exhibition requirements
- Neither Wilder Fine Art Gallery nor PAPNM, their agents, employees, volunteers or anyone working on the exhibition will be held responsible for any loss or damage to artwork and insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
- PAPNM and Wilder Fine Art Gallery reserves the right to reproduce accepted artwork for publicity purposes.
- PAPNM reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for public viewing.
- All payments are final and non-refundable.
- Your acceptance into our juried show now gives you the opportunity for advertising space in our advertising partners(s) under the PAPNM group ad. Your contact information will only be shared to the specific magazine with your permission and be used only for the current show. By checking the “opt in" box you will be giving PAPNM your approval for us to release your contact information to the selected publication(s) for this show. This is not mandatory and your personal choice
- Artists accepted into the event agree that the accepted artwork hang in the gallery for sale for the duration of the event at stated commission.
- Your entry and payment constitute acceptance of all conditions and terms of this prospectus.
Lorenzo Chavez was born and raised in the southern most point of the Rockies in New Mexico. His first inspirations and foundation as a young artist were formed by the local landscape and the art history in New Mexico. Lorenzo now makes his home in Parker, Colorado and uses this location as a base to travel and paint the American West and Southwest. Through the years, while searching for subject matter, he realized there are many similarities throughout the Rockies. The deep blue of the vaulting sky, majestic cloud formations, rabbit brush, chamisa, pinon, pine and juniper, the willows that line the stream banks, the granite in the mountain ranges, aspens and the endless seas of grasses are continuing inspirations. Notable representation and exhibition locations include:Pastel Society of Spain, Pastel Society of France, Artists of America Show in Denver, Rims to Ruins Exhibition, Plein Air Painters of America, Buffalo Bill Center for the West, Albuquerque Art Museum, Maynard Dixon Country, 100 Gold Medal Exhibition at The Pasadena Art Museum, The Brinton Museum, Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum, Coors Show in Denver, Butler Art Museum, Laguna Art Museum, Gilcrease Museum, Steamboat Art Museum, Legacy Gallery, Cape Cod Art Museum, Blue Rain Gallery Santa Fe, Helena Fox Fine Art, Settlers West Gallery, Howard Manville Gallery, Gallery of the Southwest, Trailside Galleries.
Jurors of Selection
- Lori McNee. Lori is an American artist who specializes in still life, landscape, plein air, and encaustic wax paintings. Inspired by nature, Lori’s paintings reflect her love of the great outdoors and respect for its creatures. Lori is a Signature Member of Oil Painters of America, a Signature Member of the Heartland Art Club, a member of the California Art Club, the American Impressionist Society. Lori’s paintings can be found in prestigious galleries and museums throughout the United States. Her paintings have been featured in numerous publications including Plein Air Magazine, Fine Art Connoisseur, Southwest Art, Artist’s Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, American Art Collector, Western Art Collector to name a few.
- Paul Murray. Paul has been making art in one form or another since he was 19. First as a Graphic Designer with his own business and for the last 25 years as a fine artist.
He is an internationally recognized artist. He won “Best of Shows” at the International Association of Pastel Societies and the Pastel Journal top 100 exhibition. To date no other artist has accomplished this. He’s also won 6 other “Best of Show” awards. He lives with his wife Gail near Santa Fe, New Mexico and has been permanently honored by Plein Aire Painters of New Mexico, The Pastel Society of New Mexico, the International Association of Pastel Societies and is a Master Pastellist with the Pastel Society of America.
- Jeff Williams. Jeff Williams is a retired professor of architecture from Oklahoma. In 2017 he retired from teaching to pursue two of his passions, watercolor painting and travel. Inspired and encouraged by workshop leaders Tony Van Hasselt, Thomas Schaller and most notably, Joseph Zbukvic, Williams is currently creating paintings both in studio and “en plein air.” One of thirty artists to be juried into the 2020 Mountain Maryland Plein Air Competition, June 15-20, 2020. “Rockin’ Bass Rocks” won the “Outstanding Watercolor” award as well as was recognized as part of the “FAV15” in the January 2020 online Boldbrush Painting Contest. One of thirty artists internationally to be juried into the 2020 Paint Annapolis Plein Air Competition by juror Vladislav Yeliseyev, held in Annapolis, Maryland, June 2-9, 202 One of fifty eight artists internationally to be juried into the Easton Plein Air 2020, July 12-19, 2020 (this is the largest and most prestigious plein air event in the USA!). One of twenty eight artists nationally to be juried into the inaugural Plein Air New Bern by juror Nancy Tankersley, held in New Bern, North Carolina, May 11-16, 2020
- Rob Nightingale: Rob’s paintings are dark in color and mood with terrific design,evoking nighttime scenes. He has also owned Wilder Nightingale Fine Art for 28 years and represents 35 local and regional artists. He is currently President of the Taos Historic Museums, has been on the boards of the Taos Gallery, and many oth- ers. He was the recipient of the Taos Fall Arts 2018 Visionary Artist Award.
For more information or ongoing updates, visit the 12th National Juried Members Exhibition website page.