REGISTRATION IS CLOSED:
Click here for prospectus
Click here for Art in the Parks deadline extension information.
Click here for word version of the entry form
(or alternatively, click here for the pdf version of the entry form)
2012 Art in the Parks - A Juried Exhibition
December 7 – 22, 2012
Opening Reception: Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, 5-7 pm
New Mexico Art League
3409 Juan Tabo NE, Albuquerque, NM 87111
AWARDS: Over $1,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded.
JUDGE AND JURORS: Jurors of Selection will be Signature members Bud Edmondson, Michael Lewis, and Mike Mahon. The Judge of Awards is Maggie Price, also a Signature Member of PAPNM.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all members of Plein Air Painters of New Mexico working in two dimensional media excluding photography and digital art.
- PAPNM Artist and Signature members may each submit up to four (4) original works providing they depict a location within a New Mexico State Park. A maximum of three (3) works may be accepted for inclusion in the exhibition. A notation identifying the particular state park of each painting must be noted on the Entry Form which is to be delivered along with accepted paintings. (A list of New Mexico State Parks can be found at www.emnrd.state.nm.us/prd/. Look for "Find a Park" on the left hand side of the page.)
- All work must have been 80 percent completed en plein air in the 2011 and 2012 calendar years.
- All work must be original.
- Submitted work must not have been shown previously in any PAPNM exhibition
- Image sizes must not exceed 192 sq. inches. This allows for a painting up to 12x16 or various formats that don’t exceed 192 sq. inches. A minimum size is 4x6.
- Work done under the guidance of an instructor is not eligible.
- All work must be for sale.
ENTRY FORM and ENTRY FEE: Submissions must be completed and emailed no later than October 5, 2012 to Entry Director Reid Bandeen at email@example.com. Entry fees may be paid online at www.papnm.org or by check postmarked by midnight October 5, 2012 and mailed to PAPNM, PO Box 20503, Albuquerque, NM 87154. Jury results notification will be by email.
Artists and Signature Members-- $35 dollars for up to three (3) submissions or $45 for four (4) submissions. A maximum of three (3) entries will be accepted. All fees are non-refundable.
ENTRY FORMAT & DIGITAL SPECIFICATIONS:
Only digital jpeg images attached and emailed to the Entry Director, Reid Bandeen, firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted. Submit one (1) image for each entry. DO NOT EMBED IMAGES IN EMAILS. Use the Digital Specifications and Titling format given below:
- File Size: 4 inches (1200 Pixels) on the longest side of the image
- File Resolution: 300 DPI
- File Format: Jpeg
- File Titling: First four letters of last name, first two letters of first name, entry number (from entry form), first four letters of title of work. For example, the number one entry of a painting by John Adams titled "Along the River" would be AdamJo1Alon.jpg
- Tips: If you take your own photos make sure your camera is set on the highest quality. Crop any extraneous material (matting or framing) from your photo.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Go online to www.papnm.org and log on
- Register and pay at the Members Only/Member Registration/2012 Art in the Parks Tab
- Prepare an email with Art in the Parks in the subject line
- Attach to this email your digital images formatted with the above specifications
- Include in the body of the email your name and for each submitted painting, the title, size, price and medium and corresponding file name.
- Send the email to the Entries Director, email@example.com
PAPNM reserves the right to refuse any accepted artwork deemed unsuitable due to a difference in quality from the submitted image.
- Frames may not extend more than four (4) inches on any edge beyond the maximum image size of 192 sq. inches.
- Accepted work must be sturdily framed and ready to hang with D-rings and wire.
- No sawtooth hangers will be accepted.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY INFORMATION: Complete shipping and delivery instructions will be included with notification to accepted artists. Due to the holiday season and "Christmas Rush" hand-delivery is advisable. Letters of Acceptance will give instructions for shipping, if necessary.
SALES: All work must be for sale. Artists will receive 60 percent of the consigned sale price of their work. PAPNM will retain 20 percent of the sale price and donate the remaining 20 percent to the New Mexico State Parks "friends" organization associated with the park depicted in the sold work.
October 5 - Deadline for submission (extended to Oct 19th)
November 3 - Jury notification by email (extended to Nov 9)
November 30 - Hand delivered work to arrive at the New Mexico Art League (extended to Dec 6th)
December 7 5-7 pm Opening Reception
December 7 - 22 - Exhibition dates
Saturday, December 22, 2012 - Unsold hand-delivered work must be picked up between 1 pm and 3 pm on Saturday, December 22, 2012. If you are unable to retrieve your work, please make arrangements with another artist or friend.
AGREEMENT OF ENTRY & LIABILITY:
- As a condition of entry, PAPNM reserves the right to reproduce accepted artwork for advertising, education and publicity for this and any future exhibitions.
- All submissions from PAPNM Artist Members will be subject to acceptance by the Entry Jury.
- Awards will be determined by the Awards Juror.
- Your entry and payment constitute acceptance of all conditions and terms in this prospectus.