Happy April and warmer days! It's so very nice to see and feel the spring sunshine on my face again. Hoping all of you are out and about getting in some quality painting time in the beautiful outdoors.
I would like to take a moment to acknowledge and welcome our new members. We are excited and happy that you have decided to join us! Check out the profiles linked on the Home page.
- Kati D’Amore from Royal Oaks, California
- Marilynn Brandenburger from Fort Collins, Colorado
- Sarah Bridge from Gallup, New Mexico
- LaDonna Daniel from Amarillo, Texas
- Susan Hall from Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Sibyl Johnson from Carmel, California
- Joshua Lance from Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Jim Lusk from Alburquerque, New Mexico
- Jeffery Sparks from Newton, Kansas
I have recently recieved a number of questions on Signature Membership in PAPNM. Here is this link to the information Signature and Master SignatureApplications.pdf, Guide to Applying to Signature and Master Signature Membership.pdf If you have any other questions, please contact Jane Frederick (email@example.com).
This month, I’d like to start highlighting our Master Signature members. This level of membership is reserved for those that achieved significant artistic expertise and distinction in plein air painting. One such member is Albert Handell. Albert has been a long time active member of our organization contributing much to the reputation of PAPNM and the growth of our members. He is a master in both oil and pastel mediums. Fortunate are the collectors that have one or more of his paintings exhibited. Please see the Featured Master of the Month section on the Home page for the rest of the story. Check out his page https://www.alberthandellstudio.com
An update on our booth at Plein Air Convention and Expo Santa Fe NM - May 17 - 21. Cafe has closed and now it it up to our very talented jurors to make those hard decisions on scoring. Are you interested in helping out at PACE? If you are, there are two opportunities. Cynthia Inson (firstname.lastname@example.org) can be contacted to help out in our PAPNM sales and demo booth. In addition, you can sign up with Plein Air Magazine to help out at the convention itself. Here is the link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/481200cb2edc4e07bec2f18497d771e6. They are still looking for volunteers. Lets help out where we can!
Have you seen the Plein Air Magazine section "The Artist Guide to Painting in Northern New Mexico” and the PACE Special Section in the magazine? We were so very well represented! Our very own Joe Anna Arnett was on the front page of the section! It's amazing the breadth and depth of talent in this organization. Check out the Home page and the News section!
Call for volunteers: As you know it takes many hands to make all these things happen. If you are interested in getting more involved, drop Gwen Ethelbah (email@example.com) a note to match you up for the best place to get involved. By volunteering - even just a bit - you get so much more back than you put in!
- Coordinator for fundraising. yes this position is still open. This person will work with events leaders and our partners in the art world for donations for our event winners. Please consider this position. Merrimon Kennedy did a fantastic job last year in not only working with the events teams, but in also organizing the outreach to partners. Contact Gwen Ethelbah (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you think this might be a good fit for you.
- Communications team members. Please contact Stephanie West (email@example.com) if you are interested in this very important function
- Are you interested in helping with events? Please contact Cynthia Inson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Couple of dates to remember:
Take care and enjoy our shared passion of interpreting the beauty of the outdoors!
Best Regards, Phyllis!