Registration is closed.
PAPNM 2012 Members' Annual Juried Exhibition
Click here for prospectus to save or print.
Be sure to click on Show details below also.
Members' Annual Juried Exhibition, "Land and Light"
Best in Show, Damien Gonzales, "Moonset"
2012 Members' Annual Juried Exhibition
African American Performing Arts Center and Exhibit Hall
310 San Pedro NE, Albuquerque, NM 87108
October 5th - 27th, 2012
Opening Reception: Friday, October 5th, 2012, 5-7pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
AWARDS: Over $2,000.00 in cash and prizes will be awarded including a "Best of Signature Members" cash award and a "Best of Show" cash award.
JURORS: Jurors of Selection will be Damien Gonzales, Peggy Immel and Arroyo Gallery Director Scott MacLaren. Juror of Awards will be Anita Louise West.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all members of Plein Air Painters of New Mexico working in two dimensional media excluding photography and digital art.
- PAPNM Artist Members may each submit up to three original works for Entry Jury consideration. A maximum of two of those works may be accepted for inclusion in the exhibition.
- PAPNM Signature Members are each invited to enter a maximum of two original works for inclusion in the exhibition without being subject to the Entry Jury process.
- All work must be at least 80% completed en plein air within the calendar years of 2011 and 2012.
- All work must be original.
- Submitted work must not have been shown previously in any PAPNM exhibition.
- Each dimension (length and width) of any image including the frame shall not exceed 30". Images that exceed the maximum outside framed dimension of 30" in either length or width will not be hung.
- Work done under the guidance of an instructor is not eligible.
- All work must be for sale. Artists will receive 60% of the sale price of the work.
Artist Members - $50.00 (Non-refundable) for up to 3 submissions, maximum two accepted
Signature Members - $50.00 (Non-refundable) for up to 2 submissions. Entry fee may be paid online or by check mailed to PAPNM Treasurer, PO Box 20503, Albuquerque, NM 87154. Jury results notification will be by email.
ENTRY FORMAT & DIGITAL SPECIFICATIONS: Only digital images emailed to the PAPNM treasurer, Anita Blythe, at firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted. See the Digital Specifications and Titling format given below. PAPNM reserves the right to refuse any accepted artwork deemed unsuitable due to a difference in quality from the submitted image.
- File Size: 4 inches (1200 pixels) on the longest side of the image
- File Resolution: 300 DPI
- File Format: jpeg
- File Titling: First four letters of last name, First two letters of first name, Entry number (from entry form), First four letters of title of work. For example, the number 1 entry of a painting by John Adams titled "Along the River" would be AdamJo1Alon.jpg
- Tips: If you take your own photos make sure your camera is set on the highest quality. Crop any extraneous material (matting or framing) from your photo.
HOW TO ENTER – by Aug 10, 2012:
- Go online to www.papnm.org and log on.
- Register and pay at the Members Only/Member Registration/2012 Annual Juried Show Tab
- Prepare an email with the text, PAPNM Members’ Annual Juried Exhibition, in the subject line.
- Attach to this email your digital images formatted with the above specifications.
- Include in the body of the email your name and for each submitted painting, the title, size, price and medium and corresponding file name.
- Send this email to the PAPNM treasurerer, email@example.com.
- Accepted work must be sturdily framed and ready to hang with D-rings and wire.
- No sawtooth hangers will be accepted.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY INFORMATION: Complete shipping and delivery instructions will be included with notification to accepted artists.
SALES: All work must be for sale. Artists will receive 60% of the consigned sales price of the work.
August 10, 2012 - Deadline for submission.
September 10th, 2012 - Jury Notification by email.
October 2nd and 3rd, 2012 - Hand delivered and shipped work to arrive.
October 5th - 27th, 2012 - Exhibition dates.
Friday, October 5th, 2012 - Opening Reception and Awards Presentation.
October 27th, 2012 - Unsold hand-delivered work to be picked up by artists.
October 31st – November 2nd, 2012 - Unsold Shipped work returned to artists.
AGREEMENT OF ENTRY & LIABILITY: Each painting will be insured by the African American Performing Arts Center and Exhibit Hall against risks of physical loss or damage from any external cause while on location at the African American Performing Arts Center and Exhibit Hall during the period of the loan (exhibition). Artists are responsible for insuring their work while it is in transit. All reasonable care will be taken with artwork, however, Plein Air Painters of New Mexico and its members and volunteers are not responsible for any loss or damage to artworks in the exhibition.
- As a condition of entry, PAPNM reserves the right to reproduce accepted artwork for advertising, education and publicity for this and any future exhibitions.
- All submissions from PAPNM Artist Members will be subject to acceptance by the Entry Jury.
- Awards will be determined by the Awards Juror.
- Your entry and payment constitute acceptance of all conditions and terms in this prospectus.