As the air brings back the familiar cool weather of fall, I am reminded of all that we have to be grateful for. Not only as artists, but as friends and neighbors. This is the season of thanksgiving for all of our blessings. We are blessed to have the desire, talent and the ability to capture the beauty of the landscape with our own views and perspectives. Please embrace that spirit of gratitude as you celebrate with family and dear ones this month.
Writing of gratitude, we as an organization had a lovely opening of the 13th National Members Juried Exhibition at Sorrel Sky Fine Art Galley in Santa Fe. Not only did the event team headed up by VP Carole Belliveau and Events Director Beth Cooper put on a wonderful event, it was well attended and we had a wonderful number of sales before and during the Opening. Whoo hoo! Collectors were able to meet and discuss their new treasures with the artists that created them! Our esteemed Judge of Awards Jill Carver gave a mini - master class in painting excellence as she announced her selections and rationale. Check out the PAPNM Web page 2021 13th National Juried Members Exhibition, the Sorrel Sky web page https://sorrelsky.com/collections/13th-annual-national-juried-members-exhibition and our social media page for more information and video. https://www.facebook.com/papnm.org .
Let your family and friends know that there are many treasures to be had hanging on the gallery walls!
Congratulations again to our winners
- Best of Show Barbara Coleman
- Best of Signature Members Jane Chapin
- Best of Artists Members Chris Morel
- Award of Excellence: Oil Media David Mayer
- Honorable Mention: Oil Media Allen Brocbank
- Award of Excellence: Wet Media Erik Speyer
- Honorable Mention: Wet Media Nora Larimer
- Award of Excellence: Dry Media Margi Lucena
- Honorable Mention: Dry Media Paige Smith-Wyatt
- PAPNM Founders Award (new) Michele Byrne
- Enchanted Sky Cecilia Robertson
- Louisa McElwain Memorial Award Barbara Clark
- Jeffrey Potter Memorial Award Dick Wimberly
- Artist’s Choice Maggie Robinson
- Sorrell Sky Gallery Award Michele Byrne
Please join me in welcoming our new members:
- Rachel Pearson of Los Alamos, New Mexico
- Misty Pilgrim of Albuquerque Fe, New Mexico
- Susan Woelk of Chamisal, New Mexico
We have two Paint Outs coming up...
A reminder about our partners in the art world.
- We recently entered an agreement with Fine Art Store, https://www.fineartstore.com such that when a PAPNM artist purchases material from their site and self identifies as a PAPNM member in the notes section at checkout, we can earn up to 5% credit that Fine Art Store will be able to extend digital gift cards that we can in turn use for prizes at our events. We all need more supplies, right?
- Art of the West is putting out it's Guidebook of Art 2022. They have competitive ad rates. Contact them @ 1800-937-9194 or email email@example.com to reserve space if you are interested.
Its that time of year to consider how you might get involved with the PAPNM Board of Directors. You each received an email from Natasha Isenhour in September outlining our call for nominations for the Board and other volunteer opportunities. Please contact Natasha (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your interests either as a potential board member or a member of one of the teams supporting the board. Together we all make this organization special!
Our next board meeting will be November19, 2021. Please join us if you are able. Please note we will keep non board members on mute and open Zoom Chat for your questions. We will get to your questions and commentary during or at the end of the meeting as we are able.
Topic: PAPNM Board Meeting November (Meeting starts at 9:30 AM)
Time: Nov 12, 2021 09:30 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 878 6243 3997
Phyllis Gunderson, PAPNM President