Fuller Lodge Art Center*
Los Alamos Paint Out and Show | September 25 – October 10, 2020
2020 Los Alamos Paint Out and Show is a cooperative effort between PAPNM and Fuller Lodge Art Center.*
Fuller Lodge Art Center* is located at 2132 Central Ave., Los Alamos, NM 87544 and their phone number is 505-662-1635.
- All applicants must register at 2020 Los Alamos Non-juried Paint Out and Show
- This call is for all current PAPNM members working in two-dimensional media, limited to oil media (traditional and water-mixable), wet media (acrylic, watercolor, and gouache), and dry media (pastel).
- PAPNM Membership for 2020 must be current with dues paid in full before submitting to the call for entry for the exhibition. To join, visit www.papnm.org, and click “Join Us” in the top menu. Follow the instructions for member application or renewal and payment.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEES
- First 35 PAPNM Members who apply 2020 Los Alamos Paint Out and Show will be accepted into the show
- Due to PAPNM’s 501(c)6 status only PAPNM members are allowed to exhibit.
- Each PAPNM artist will be allowed to enter two paintings that were completed during this event’s paint out.
- While PAPNM signature and master signature members are welcome to participate, they will not be eligible for awards
- No minimum size.
- Maximum size per piece is 20” x 24” or 480 square inches square inches unframed
- All work must be at least 80% completed en plein air during the paint outs
Entry Fee: $29
(TBD pending updates from NM Governor's Office)
- It will be held on September 25, 5 -7 pm
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted. Awards will be presented at the opening
The artist’s two paintings (completed during the event) will be delivered to Fuller Lodge Art Center on Sunday, September 20 between 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm. All work must be gallery wrapped or framed and with wire hangers. The artist will need to photograph his or her work and e-mail the images to email@example.com by midnight on Monday, September 21. The images should be a high quality jpegs minimum 5” x 7” 300dpi. Ideal file size is 1MB – 3MB. It is recommended you photograph the work before it is framed for clarity. Images will be posted on the Fuller Lodge Art Center* website and may be used for additional publicity. Fuller Lodge Art Center* will need to have an inventory form completed as well as a liability form signed. Those forms will be provided in advance at canvas stamping to facilitate artwork delivery.
Terms of Artwork Sales
- Fuller Lodge Art Center* will handle all gallery sales and collect all associated payments from customers, including all applicable New Mexico gross receipts taxes (NMGRT).
- In addition to your work being displayed in the Fuller Lodge Art Gallery, there will be a link on their website as well as PAPNM's website to http://artfullexhibits.com, where on-line purchases can be made. The artist will be responsible for providing shipping material as well as postage if a purchase is made from this site. More information will be provided to participants in the September welcome packet.
- All work must be for sale. If work becomes unavailable for sale during the Show and Fuller Lodge Art Center* is unable to process the sale, the artist will be responsible for reimbursing Fuller Lodge Art Center* 35% of the original sale price listed in your original inventory form.
- Artists receive 65% of sale price of painting within 30 days of the close of the show from the Fuller Lodge Art Center.*
Judge of Awards
Jane Chapin is a Signature Member of OPA, AIS and PAPNM in addition to a juried member of PAP-SE and the Salmagundi Club. In PAPNM she has won awards in three of the last four Members' Shows.
A lifelong teacher, she has taught workshops and mentored students of all ages. In 2015 she completed her second cross-country painting book that raised funds for veterans and families of the fallen.
Represented by Eisele Gallery in Cincinnati, her work hangs in private and public collections.
*Fuller Lodge Art Center is under the umbrella of Los Alamos Arts Council, a non-profit community organization.